There’s nothing like a delicious, appetite quenching, sweet and yummy breakfast – veganized from an old time favorite: French Toast! Now, don’t get me wrong, out of the three syrup dripping dishes of pancakes, waffles and french toast, I always go for waffles. However – no waffle iron for us 😦 Looks like something I have to save up for!
- 1 cup unsweetened Almond milk
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon soy flour
- 3 teaspoon sugar
- dash of cinnamon
Take note that there will be plenty of batter left over after your bread has been dipped- so feel free to make some for your parents, siblings, hubby/babe or your friends!
- Above batter whisked together
- 1/2 banana
- 1 teaspoon of spreadable fruit -your choice- no sugar added
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 slices Pepperidge Farm cinnamon raisin swirl bread (80 calories per slice)
- Spray a non-stick frying pan. Dip the bread in the batter, but be careful not to leave the bread in for too long because then it will get soggy and it won’t cook right…blech.
- Once all three slices turn a delightful shade of golden frown (don’t forget to let it cook long enough to get the crispies 😉 ) shut off the pan and let them sit in warmth as you slice up you 1/2 banana and measure your maple syrup.
- Arrange the bread in the dish, the banana on top and the teaspoon scoop to garnish (it tastes good, too!) pour the maple syrup on top and eat! Nom, nom! MMMM!
I don’t have as much time to type up recipes as I’d like to, so I’ve decided to give my followers a little teaser *sneaky, shifty eyes* *rubs hands together wickedly* Below are some pictures, samples, of the vegan food I have made over the course of the past few days that I will be typing up recipes for very soon!
Enjoy and I give you permission to let your mouth water, but don’t drool on the computer keys, please. Thanksomuch.
Italian Tofu Salad
Tomato Potato Soup Medley
Appetite Quenching Vegan French Toast
- 1 T Almond Butter
- 1 slice Pepperidge Farm Swirl Cinnamon Raisin bread
- 1 orange
You don’t know how delighted I was to see that, while I was shopping for breads, Pepperidge Farm’s 80 calories per slice cinnamon raisin bread was vegan! It just makes this sooooo much better 🙂
I don’t think you need directions – the pictures speak for themselves! The Almond Butter gives it a much better flavor than the peanut butter and it’s ten calories less per tablespoon, which is always a plus. I mean, ten calories isn’t much, but a little here and a little there does add up.
With it, I had Blueberry Acai tea – bought it the same day as I got the bread. It is scrumptious! (Having some now 😉 )
I am looking into seeing if I can buy roasted, salted sunflower seeds in bulk to make my own sunflower seed butter. I think it would not only be fun, but save me from having to spend $5 per small jar of almond butter!
Live, laugh, love,