There’s nothing like a delicious, appetite quenching, sweet and yummy breakfast – veganized from an old time favorite: French Toast! Now, don’t get me wrong, out of the three syrup dripping dishes of pancakes, waffles and french toast, I always go for waffles. However – no waffle iron for us 😦 Looks like something I have to save up for!
- 1 cup unsweetened Almond milk
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon soy flour
- 3 teaspoon sugar
- dash of cinnamon
Take note that there will be plenty of batter left over after your bread has been dipped- so feel free to make some for your parents, siblings, hubby/babe or your friends!
- Above batter whisked together
- 1/2 banana
- 1 teaspoon of spreadable fruit -your choice- no sugar added
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 slices Pepperidge Farm cinnamon raisin swirl bread (80 calories per slice)
- Spray a non-stick frying pan. Dip the bread in the batter, but be careful not to leave the bread in for too long because then it will get soggy and it won’t cook right…blech.
- Once all three slices turn a delightful shade of golden frown (don’t forget to let it cook long enough to get the crispies 😉 ) shut off the pan and let them sit in warmth as you slice up you 1/2 banana and measure your maple syrup.
- Arrange the bread in the dish, the banana on top and the teaspoon scoop to garnish (it tastes good, too!) pour the maple syrup on top and eat! Nom, nom! MMMM!